Monday, April 3, 2017

The Best Ways To Utilize Cookware Sets

cookware set


A kitchen tends to revolve around its cookware. A professional grade stove is useless if using an old, burnt, and permanently greased up skillet.

For years my kitchen consisted of one poor old skillet and a dented pot. My poor cooking was always blamed on my skill rather than my equipment.

It wasn't until the fateful day when my husband and I received a best induction cookware set as a gift when I realized what I was missing out on My mother in law gave us a beautiful 15 piece set of Lenox stainless steel cookware and left us with permission to return them if they did not fit our needs.

My husband was very excited about the crisping abilities the stainless steel provided but I was worried about the fact that they were not non-stick.

I had never experimented with stainless steel because I was to scared to permanently ruin the pans with my lack of cooking skills.

The Best Ways To Utilize Cookware Sets


In the end, we decided to exchange the Lenox set for the Anolon Authority Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set. It took me a few days to unpack them from the box.

It wasn't until my husband bought fish for his birthday that I braved up and took a chance.

They were amazing! And so were my cooking abilities as it turned out Perfectly flakey fish made its way from the 8.5" skillet onto our plates. And from there, my cooking took off.

Within the next few days, I tried out a seafood chowder in the stockpot, macaroni and cheese in the larger of the two sauce pan, and beautifully golden brown grilled cheese sandwiches in the french skillet.

It was a dream! I'd never thought I could not burn a grilled cheese, let alone successfully serve grilled fish.

Choosing a cookware set can seem intimidating. After my fortunate encounter with receiving a set, I strolled through the kitchen area of my local, go-to store.

The choices were overwhelming. Stainless steel, non-stick, and cast iron just to name a few of the materials.

Then there is what is included in each set, do you need 3 saucepans or 4 skillets? In my limited experience, it worked best to jump in and figure out what would work as I went.

In my excitement, I've found multiple uses for each of my pots and pans. If you are someone with more experience with cooking, you'll probably have a much better idea of what you are looking for in a cookware set. You'll know what types of meals you cook regularly.

If you prefer the non-stick convenience over the crispiness stainless steel offers. For the newbies like me out there, it could be worth the risk of picking a set, learning to cook with it, and figuring out the best utilization for your set as you go.

Cookware an amazing and wonderful tool and a cornerstone in the kitchen. As a formerly terrible cook, it's not impossible. I love cooking and even doing the dishes is less daunting with my beautiful non-stick pans. Safe cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment